Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Spice up your life!


Pico de Gallo! Amazing, tasty, best-salsa-on-a-chip ever! Hubby and I decided to make this wonderful recipe for the Broncos game this weekend. By the way, go Tebow! I'm not a huge football fan, but I think he's doing a great job this year. Anyway, back to pico, I got this recipe from my parents' neighbor, she made it every summer, and it is absolutely incredible!

Pico De Gallo
6 fresh medium tomatoes, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
about 1/2 a bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
sea salt to taste

Just mix together all the ingredients, and get some tortilla chips and dig in!
Now, this is the pico that I could handle. However, Hubby is quite the spicy extraordinaire. He decided to mix it up a little bit. He added the seeds from the peppers, plus 2 more jalapenos, 2 more serranos, and two habanero peppers... all with the seeds. I ate one tiny bite of it and had to down a large glass of milk to keep my head from exploding! But, he loved it and it went perfectly with our Broncos viewing! Of course, we were nervous enough as it was with that last minute comeback, we probably didn't need the extra irritants rolling around in our stomachs!

However, wonderful food, awesome company, good game... Made for a really great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment