Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pinterest



I must confess, when I first heard of Pinterest, I thought, oh boy, just another social networking website where people can expose way too much of themselves and get away with anything in the name of the first amendment!

In a way, I was right. Pinterest allows its users to post pictures of practically anything, even if it includes private information about themselves. However, like most social networks, it also gives other users the right to comment on anything publicly posted. Thereby some users use such commenting to warn their fellow Pinterestians of personally revealing posts, or others use it to simply mention how much they enjoy or agree with said posts. However, in my research of Pinterest, I found out something crucial about myself.

I love Pinterest! It is amusing, addicting, and all over just fun! I find myself repinning recipes and crafts, even clothing styles and holiday ideas! I love following family members and friends and finding out what their tastes and trends are! It is also interesting to see what kinds of pins attract people, especially when you feel like you are all alone in a super modern trendy fashion world. In all actuality, I have tried Facebook, Myspace, even Twitter for a little while, but I find something freeing in Pinterest that I didn't find in those other sites. Unless you put extremely personal information on your profile, no one will care who you are or how many friends you have.

Fellow Pinterestians, I salute you. As to anyone who has not tried it yet, I encourage you to at least take a look. It is just a little harmless fun, but it is not for everyone.

Thank you to all who are listening! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment